Last Updated on
Did any of you ever dream of having a professional grand piano at home? We all know grand pianos need a lot of space and are very expensive. But you can have the Yamaha baby grand pianos that are as same as grand pianos but smaller in size and affordable in price.
These digital pianos have every feature like the grand pianos and it will give you a concert type feel when you play it. These come in various materials and features from low to high budget.
- Whoever is thinking of buying a Yamaha baby grand piano this article is for them.
- Below we are giving some best baby grand piano details with pros and cons.
- Depending on your preference you choose any of these and you won’t regret ever.
Best Yamaha baby grand piano.
Yamaha P45 Will give you the feel of a real concert. You will have endless features in this digital piano in the most affordable price range.
- It has 88 graded hammer keys that provide realistic acoustic piano feel.
- And if you feel any trouble with the weighted keys you can easily turn the action on and off with only one switch.
- The built-in speakers are very high quality and give realistic sounds.
- The built-in effects make practice more professional.
- The piano is very lightweight so you can easily carry it anywhere to play or practice.
- It has duo mode as well. Furthermore, it has a USB connectivity option. But you can not record anything because there is no built-in recording system.
The piano was mainly made thinking of the beginners. Thus it is very user friendly. So beginners can buy this digital piano and easily build up their skills.
- Amazon exclusive model includes power adapter and sustain pedal
- 88 fully weighted piano style keys simulate the feel of an acoustic piano and provide a quality playing experience
- Contains 10 different voices, including digitally sampled tones from real Yamaha acoustic grand pianos
- Dual Mode lets you combine 2 voices together, like piano and strings, for an inspiring new playing experience
- Slim and stylish design with a depth of less than 12 inches, the P71 requires little space and weighs only 25 pounds
- USB connectivity.
- Graded hammer action.
- Excellent sound.
- Speakers are not of high quality.
- No built-in recording system.
Yamaha YPG535 Portable Grand Piano.
The Yamaha YPG535 Portable Grand piano is a great piano for kids to build up their skills.
- It is very easy to use and gives an error-free performance.
- The features of this piano include piano-style keys, Graded Soft Touch (GST) action. And a high-resolution stereo piano sample.
- The sound quality is very realistic and one press of the portable grand button can reset the whole piano into a stereo- sampled piano.
- This feature works perfectly when it’s practice time.
- This piano also comes with 30 built-in songs and also a CD- ROM which includes more 70.
- Furthermore, you can connect the piano with a computer using a USB.
Which means you can download more songs and save those into the ROM. It has a large backlit LCD which displays lyrics, notations, and cords.
For all these great features many music teachers encourage their students to use Yamaha YPG535 Portable Grand Piano to practice with.
- 88 piano-style keys with Graded Soft Touch
- 6-track sequencer allows you to record your own music
- Yamaha XGlite/GM voices plus Sweet!, Cool!, Split & Dual voice
- Music Database offers 267 keyboard setups by song title
- Keyboard stand included
- Affordable price.
- Lots of tones.
- Built-in songs.
- Comes with a stand.
- Weighted keys.
- The plastic covering on keys makes it feel unrealistic.
- Sound quality gets a little diminished when loudly played.
Yamaha DGX-660 Digital Piano.
Yamaha has always introduced the best quality pianos and the Yamaha DGX-660 is not any opposition to that. It includes all the features you need to develop your skills as a beginner.
- The piano has 88 weighted keyboard key like an acoustic piano.
- The sound engine produces realistic sounds and will give you a concert feel.
- Connecting a USB device you can share or insert any of your recordings and songs.
- The built-in digital effects make every practice fun and sound professional.
- The LCD screen in the piano shows cords and lyrics of songs when you play.
- It has multiple connectivity options too.
- You can simply connect a microphone and do live performance while playing.
- The piano is great if you are a beginner because every feature of this piano is Beginner friendly.
The piano is lightweight and also comes with a furniture quality stand. So you can easily carry it and play or practice without any hassles. This one is the best Yamaha electronic baby grand piano.
- World class concert grand piano sound with Pure CF Sampling
- Easy to read score and lyric display
- An authentic piano touch with an 88-note weighted GHS Keyboard
- USB Audio Recording/Playback
- A truer sound with Damper Resonance
- Large library of songs.
- Wide range connectivity option.
- Weighted keys.
- Piano struggles at louder volumes.
The Yamaha DGX-660 is the latest ensemble digital piano showcasing varieties of great features which are best for making learning and playing fun.
- The piano has a 88- note weighted GHS keyboard with touch sensitivity.
- The sound quality is like a world-class concert grand piano sound.
- You choose the environment type and the sound quality will change accordingly.
- Connecting a microphone with the piano you can sing along while you play the piano.
- It also has a saving option so you can save the song and hear later with digital effects.
- The smart cord feature will make you feel like a professional.
You can also connect the piano with a computer and save or share your songs or plays with anyone. The LCD screen displays the cords and lyrics when you play any song for a better understanding.
Players with all kinds of ability can play and enhance their skills of the piano in a fun way with this Yamaha digital baby grand piano.
- The Pure CF Sound Engine faithfully reproduces the tone of a meticulously sampled and highly acclaimed Yamaha concert grand piano
- GHS weighted action is heavier in the low register and lighter in the high, just like an acoustic piano
- Score Display puts music notation of MIDI songs on the screen, helping you play your favorites by following the bouncing ball
- The Piano Room lets you choose from a variety of pianos and acoustic settings to create your own personal piano environment
- The 6-track recorder allows you to capture your performances and song ideas, then add additional layers to spice-up your pieces
- Recording capability.
- A large number of songs and sound effects.
- Wide range connectivity option.
- Comes with a sturdy stand.
- Not as portable as its competitors.
- Basic sustain pedal.
Yamaha YDP184R Arius Series Console Digital Piano.
Yamaha YDP184R Arius is one powerful acoustic piano made by Yamaha. It is made in a way that it can fit the worlds’ biggest concert halls.
- It has an 88-key fully weighted keyboard and 5 types of touch sensitivity.
- Also easy connectivity with any device via USB.
- The selection of voice or any other things is easier than ever with this piano.
- It has two headphone jacks so you can practice duets, play silently with someone else.
- The speakers are very good in quality and make realistic sounds.
- Learning gets fun with built-in effects and rhythm patterns. You will also get the recording feature and store it to play later.
The LCD of the piano screen shows cords and lyrics when you practice. The price is also low if you compare it with the features of the piano.
So if You are willing to buy one this piano of the Yamaha Arius series can give you a great experience.
- The CFX Premium Grand Piano Voice recreates the power and tone of Yamaha's flagship CFX concert grand piano
- Graded Hammer 3 action (GH3) with synthetic ivory key tops add a tactile surface to the white keys, which absorbs finger moisture and prevents slipping
- Virtual Resonance Modeling (VRM) allows for vivid and richly varied expression to reflect the limitless number of factors that create the sound of a concert grand piano
- Full Dot LCD Display allows for smooth navigation of the instrument's features and functions
- Includes a padded bench, music stand, power supply and sheet music book.Number of Polyphony (Max.): 128
- Good sound quality.
- Strong bass.
- Attractive design and construction.
- USB Audio support.
- Internal memory for recording saving.
- No Bluetooth.
- Relatively heavy.
- No Audio recording function.
The ONE Smart 88key weighted key piano.
The one smart piano exactly works like its name. It has every feature you need to learn and practice the piano in a smart way.
- They have a free app in android and iOS where you can find thousands of songs and you can choose any and play it on the piano.
- It is also very beginner-friendly as the piano has light-up keys, video lessons for beginners.
- It has 4000+ sheet music, 100+ videos, and many more. You can practice and even record your playing too.
- The keyboard consists of 88 weighted keys and 3 piano pedals.
- The sound quality is a very smooth and professional stereo sound.
- It also has built-in volume control buttons and you can do technical control via the app as well.
The body of the piano is made of classic wood and it weighs 117 pounds. You can use casters for grand piano so that it will be easier to move if needed.
If you are a beginner then this piano is the best available option for you in the market. So buy one and learn piano lessons smartly.
- Guided by LED Lights to start playing in minutes
- 4000+ sheet music, 100+ videos, and games in the free apps
- Supporting both iOS and Android, phone and tablet
- MIDI output and recording (please refer to the user manual for setting guidance)
- High Grade Piano: 88 weighted keys, professional stereo sound, 3 piano pedals and classic wooden body
- Has an app in android and iOS devices.
- Quality speakers.
- Built-in volume control.
- Light-up keys.
- A little bit expensive.
Things to consider while buying a baby grand piano.
Brand and Quality.
While buying a grand piano try to buy from a good brand even if the price is a little bit higher than the local pianos. A good brand always uses and ensures quality components while making any product.
They ensure their customer satisfaction and will provide and suggest the best product that matches your budget and preference. And if the quality is good you will have a great feel while playing it. The piano will also last for a long time if it is Quality piano.
Pianos pricing depends on its features and quality. The higher the quality and features the higher the price of the piano. But while making a budget we will suggest you keep it a little bit high.
Only then you can buy a good quality piano. And a good quality piano will last longer and give you a great experience while you play. The features will be Excellent and upgrade ones.
And if you buy with a smaller budget on the quality will not be great and the features may start giving good performance after using it for some time. Y
ou can also buy one from baby grand piano sell if your budget is low. In that case, check everything and make sure the piano is working.
Make sure you are considering your preference for the actual purpose of buying a piano. If your purpose is to learn then you have to buy a user-friendly piano.
If your purpose is to build skills you can buy an upgraded piano with better features. So make sure you have a clear idea of your purpose. Only then you can have the best use of your piano.
If you have a good space in your house then buy a large piano because large pianos produce high-quality sound. Also, your living room with grand piano will look luxurious.
But if you have space problems then it is better to buy a small one. You can get all the features of a grand piano in a baby grand piano. It is just the baby grand piano size will be smaller and the sound Will not be as same as the large ones.
While buying a piano one of the most important things is to know details about the interior. Like the parts, their quality, and their purpose. Make sure you check the details of,
- The soundboard.
- The strings.
- The action.
If these are of good quality your piano will last longer and give its best performance for a very long time.
The exterior parts are also important because it will save your piano for a long time. So bus a piano that is made with good quality wood or quality material. Also, the other things you need to check are.
- The rim of the piano.
- The Numbers of pedals.
- The keyboard.
- The fallboard.
- The casters.
Features of the piano.
Features make every piano different from every piano. But the better the features your piano has the more your skills can grow. This is why while choosing one try to take one that has various features. Only then you can enjoy learning and have fun.
How to tune a baby grand piano?
What is the price for a baby grand piano?
Baby grand pianos are less expensive than the grand pianos. Depending on the features prices vary model to model. And again a good brand piano will cost more than local pianos.
A baby grand piano Steinway is one of the expensive brands that cost a lot. If you have a budget problem you can search a baby grand piano on sale. Many people after using changing their pianos put the old baby grand pianos for sale.
And if there is no budget problem you can buy a new one. Mostly an average new Baby grand piano can cost you $5000- $10000. And the better ones can cost up to $25000.
The Price totally depends on the features and variations and the brand you are getting. Also, the size and materials that have been used can make the piano price differ.
You can search for Yamaha baby grand piano price and find a lot of options starting from $5000 to $25000.
How to clean a baby grand piano?
Pianos are easy to clean but you have to be very careful when you clean one. A piano needs some basic maintenance if you want it to be durable for a long time. You can use a feather duster or a soft cloth to clean the dust particles.
Do not use anything hard because it can lead to scratches. Also while using a cloth never give too much pressure on the keyboard and other sensitive parts like the speakers and pedals.
You can also use a glass cleaner but never directly spray it on the piano. Use a cloth for that. The USB and other connectivity places can also be cleaned with a feather duster.
How many keys does a baby grand piano have?
Most of the standard baby grand pianos have 88 keys. 52 of them are white and the other 36 are black. The 52 white keys represent music tones A, B, C, D, E, F, and G. The black keys represent half step intervals which are known as sharps and flats.
Why are grand pianos so expensive?
Grand pianos are expensive because these are expensive to manufacture than other instruments. Most of the pianos are made of wood which is one of the finest materials.
The other components that go into the making of a piano are also high quality and expensive. The making of a piano is also very time consuming and needs so much effort.
- How many pedals does a grand piano have?
Modern grand pianos usually have 3 pedals. Pedals are the base of a piano used for changing its sounds in various ways. The 3 pedals are called soft pedal, sostenuto pedal, and sustaining pedal.
These three have different purposes. Many pianos Omit sostenuto pedal and have another pedal with different purposes. The soft pedal is always on the left, the sostenuto in the middle, and the sustaining pedal is always on the right.
Those who dream of a piano but have a low budget can fulfill their dream of buying a baby grand piano. Baby grand piano digital ones are no less than a professional grand piano.
These have every feature and quality like grand pianos. So if you like playing the piano or want your kid to learn piano, baby grand pianos are the best option at a low budget.
Playing these pianos you can have a great experience. And the smart features will make learning easy and fun. You don’t have to think of space and money at all while buying a baby grand piano for you.
So stop worrying too much and buy a baby grand piano if you are thinking of buying one for a long time.
Hello, I have been playing guitar since 2011. I review guitar as well as other music items. What you should buy for your instrument.
We are a team of musical instruments lovers. We love to play with these.
Read My Profile Here
Like string instruments, wooden instruments, or you can say electrical.
Who are in my team? I play Acoustic and Classical guitar. Sam plays an electric guitar. Watson plays Bass. Pretty plays the drum. And the Piano is played by gibbon. And in a week two new players will join our team.
All are in so good in their field. That’s why all the tips and tricks are written after their guidelines.
One day while playing guitar with my friends. This idea was explored. One of my friends told me why don’t we make a site and share our experience.