This acoustic guitar from Martin packs a massive amount of tone into a guitar with a genuinely good price tag, especially considering it’s a Martin. It’s great news for any guitarist looking to get their first Martin or anyone interested in upgrading into the top bracket of acoustic guitar manufacturers.
The DSM stands Dreadnought Spruce Mahogany referring to the woods used in the construction of the guitar. The top is solid spruce while the back and sides are built from Mahogany along with the neck. It also features a Morado fretboard and bridge. So what does all of that add up to? Well, beautifully warm tones full of earth and feeling, that’s what.
Something Martin is excellent at is X bracing and this creates a very bright and open sound which is at the same time balanced and will certainly fill a room. This acoustic guitar packs a punch and many owners are raving about its punchy bass which is equal to that of much more expensive Martin guitar models further up the line.
The case that accompanies the guitar is also of excellent quality and will certainly stand up the rigors of being on the road or international travel on airlines, the guitar fits perfectly inside and the smell is heaven!
As will all Martin acoustic guitars you are buying into a rich tradition of craftsmanship and the human touch on this guitar is obvious in it’s finished. It’s such a warm guitar to play and full of that elusive bell-like tone. It’s the perfect acoustic guitar for anyone looking to upgrade to their first ‘proper’ guitar and like any well-made instrument, it’s only going to sound better as it ages.
- The Henna Oasis guitar transports players to a magical world of visual and auditory delights
- An acoustic-electric guitar built on a grand concert body with a beautiful laser-etched Henna Oasis design on a select spruce top
- Though a slightly smaller body type, you can still expect that warm and vibrant sound
- The mahogany body and select spruce top create rich tonal definition with plenty of unique character when playing rhythmic chords
- The 25-1/2" scale, C-shape neck design, and 1-5/8" nut width add comfort for performing intricate progressions on the Pau Ferro fretboard