Lava Me 2 Guitar Review
If you’re asking yourself “what is a Lava Me 2 Guitar”, you’re certainly not alone!
But read on and you will soon discover how versatile the Lava Me 2 guitar is, and what wonderful music it is more than capable of producing.
Join me on a musical journey to explore a whole new twist on an acoustic/electric guitar and you’ll quickly understand why the Lava Pro, Lava Me 2, and Lava Ukelele have created such a loyal fan base.
LAVA ME 2 is a hybrid guitar that functions as a traditional acoustic guitar and high-performance electric guitar.
Image Credit: Amazon
Introducing LAVA ME 2
Let’s start with LAVA ME 2’s unique unibody design. ME 2 is made from the highest quality carbon composite material called Super AirSonic carbon fiber.
Image Credit: Amazon
ME 2’s unibody is fabricated using a one-piece injection mold technology that results in an extremely lightweight guitar, yet able to produce big sounds!
The neck structure is reinforced with 2 ultra-stiff carbon fiber bars into the neck. This makes the FlyNeck 300% stiffer than the previous generation.
As a result, LAVA ME 2 is now easier to play and built to last.
ME 2’s Super AirSonic carbon fiber construction also means LAVA ME 2 is weather-resistant and not prone to warping or damages due to weather or humidity.
In fact, ME 2 easily adapts to temperatures between -20º C to 90º C, and humidity from 10% to 90%.
If you’d like to do a deep dive to learn more about the remarkable technology built into every LAVA ME 2 and LAVA PRO guitar, I highly recommend you follow this link to learn the complete story.
Although Lava has many popular guitars and other musical instruments, the LAVA Me 2 guitars are one of their best sellers.
How Does LAVA ME 2 Sound?
Short answer: fantastic!
LAVA guitars are famous for their lightweight body and powerful sound. These guitars offer loud, wide-range frequency tones.
Music lovers adore this brand’s instruments. Not only can ME 2 be played without any electronics, just like a traditional acoustic guitar, but turning on the built-in electronic soundboard with ME 2 ‘s FreeBoost system takes things to a whole new level.
The FreeBoost system can quickly adjust the reverb, delay, and chorus settings, opening up all sorts of creative options to help you produce the unique sounds you’re after.
One Guitar With 4 Unique Sounds
Thanks to LAVA ME 2 ‘s onboard electronics, you have four options, each with its own unique sound:
- Unplugged with FreeBoost
- Amped with FreeBoost
All-in-all, LAVA ME 2 creates a lot of sound for its small size.
No Batteries Required!
One nice feature of ME 2 is the built-in USB charging. Simply charge the guitar using the provided USB cord and you’re good to go for hours of enjoyment!
LAVA ME 2 Is Available In 5 Fun Colors
|LAVA ME 2 Carbon Fiber Guitar with Effects 36 Inch Acoustic Electric Travel Guitar with Bag Picks and Charging Cable (Freeboost-White)||Check Pricing|
|LAVA ME 2 Carbon Fiber Guitar with Effects 36 Inch Acoustic Electric Travel Guitar with Bag Picks and Charging Cable (Freeboost-Black)||Check Pricing|
|LAVA ME 2 Carbon Fiber Guitar with Effects 36 Inch Acoustic Electric Travel Guitar with Bag Picks and Charging Cable (Freeboost-Blue)||Check Pricing|
|LAVA ME 2 Carbon Fiber Guitar with Effects 36 Inch Acoustic Electric Travel Guitar with Bag Picks and Charging Cable (Freeboost-Orange)||Check Pricing|
|LAVA ME 2 Carbon Fiber Guitar with Effects 36 Inch Acoustic Electric Travel Guitar with Bag Picks and Charging Cable (Freeboost-Pink)||Check Pricing|
Why LAVA ME 2 acoustic guitars?
Unique, attractive design
Lightweight, making it ideal for travel
Carbon fiber construction makes it extremely durable
FreeBoost system for infinite sound effects
Small size is ideal for kids or people with smaller hands
Battery performance is long enough to cover a full-day live concert.
The Build-in Preamp system is just awesome.
Includes a quality travel case, instruction manual, USB cord, cleaning cloth, and guitar picks
LAVA ME PRO
For Stage Performances
LAVA ME PRO Carbon Fiber Guitar
- Lava Me Pro is an outstanding carbon fiber acoustic guitar. Designed by Lava music, the PRO series was designed especially for stage performances.
- It has a powerful preamp system built-in.
- They developed a deep partnership with L.R baggs: for making the system most powerful.
- One of the features of this guitar is that it has built-in effects like a professional electric guitar but it doesn’t require pedals for that.
- This means you can now travel or do live performances without any pedalboard.
- The portability of this guitar made guitarists more attracted to this product besides the built-in effect feature.
- The guitar is two-third in weight of the other guitars which means it is very light in weight.
The soundboard of the guitar is made of Lava music’s own Aircarbon material, that combines all carbon fibers in a honeycomb structure.
It works well in any kind of condition and produces loud and organic sounds.
Other than that it has a mix-control feature which will give you the option to mix the sound between the body mic and piezo. With this, you can achieve a natural and customizable sound.
The adjustment of delay tempo has never been this easier.
You can control the speeds with your fingertip in seconds in the lava me pro.
Besides that, with the turbo button guitarists can enhance the volume and tone only in one push.
This option will be helpful for guitarists when they do live performances. The design of Lava me pro is very unique and classy.
The guitar neck is made of carbon fiber and aluminum for good stability. Other parts like the bridge, nut, and saddle are also made with high-quality materials. The guitar has 6 strings that are made of phosphor bronze.
All these components play a great role in the transmission of sound vibration. The FlyNeck+ makes the playing experience of the guitarists more enjoyable. For the body, design Players do not have to worry about the weather condition at all when they are playing.
If you are a stage performer then this guitar is the best pickup option available in the market. The price is also moderate if you compare it with any other guitars. And as it has built-in effects playing gets more fun and easy at the same time.
From all the guitars that lava music ever featured this one is the upgrade of the carbon fiber guitars range.
Main Specifications of the LAVA ME PRO
- Item weight: 22.1 Pounds.
- Batteries: 1 lithium-ion battery.
- Body Material: AirSonic™ Carbon fiber composited
- Colors: Black Gold & Space Grey
- Body material: AirSonicTM Carbon fiber composite
- The number of strings: 6 (Elixir Nanoweb 012 Strings)
- Size: 41inch unibody guitar.
- Strap: The Ideal Strap PRO is purchased separately.
- Stage Performance: LAVA ME PRO is specifically designed for the stage performance. A powerful preamp system built-in with an ultra-reliable, portable form define this purposeful design.
- LAVA X L.R. Baggs: To create the most powerful L2 preamp system, we’ve developed a deep partnership with L.R. Baggs based on sharing the same value on innovation. The L2 PRO preamp now has the iconic features from L.R. Baggs, yet super easy to use.
- Effects with No Pedals: The L2 PRO has a preamp system built-in, you could now go on tour without carrying your pedalboard. TAP-TEMPO DELAY: You could now precisely control the speed of the delay with the tip of your finger, right on your LAVA ME PRO. TURBO MODE: Here comes the solo part. Push the Turbo button to boost up your volume 50% with a standout tone.
- Works Well on Different Conditions: The AirCarbon Soundboard is designed with the combination of carbon fiber layers and honeycomb structures. With a gentle pluck, you could produce a loud, organic sound. The Phantom structure transfers the vibration from the strings to the entire soundboard with a purposeful frequency. No matter you’re in the Sahara desert or Iceland, the LAVA ME PRO would always works for you.
- Always Easy to Play: An ultra stiff carbon fiber rod and an aluminum neck connection structure built in. Combining with the Plek process that achieves 0.01mm accuracy for the fret work. The FlyNeck+ makes the playing experience always enjoyable.
Now, let’s take a look at what Lava has created for Ukulele players.
Available in SIX colors, these Ukuleles are a must-have in your collection!
|LAVA U Carbon Fiber Ukulele with Effects Concert Travel Ukulele with Case Pick and Charging Cable (FreeBoost, Sparkle Red, 23-inch)||Check Pricing|
|LAVA U Carbon Fiber Ukulele with Effects Concert Travel Ukulele with Case Pick and Charging Cable (FreeBoost, Sparkle Black, 23-inch)||Check Pricing|
|LAVA U Carbon Fiber Ukulele with Effects Concert Travel Ukulele with Case Pick and Charging Cable (FreeBoost, Sparkle Blue, 23-inch)||Check Pricing|
|LAVA U Carbon Fiber Ukulele with Effects Concert Travel Ukulele with Case Pick and Charging Cable (FreeBoost, Sparkle Gold, 23-inch)||Check Pricing|
|LAVA U Carbon Fiber Ukulele with Effects Concert Travel Ukulele with Case Pick and Charging Cable (FreeBoost, Sparkle Pink, 23-inch)||Check Pricing|
|LAVA U Carbon Fiber Ukulele with Effects Concert Travel Ukulele with Case Pick and Charging Cable (FreeBoost, Sparkle Purple, 23-inch)||Check Pricing|
Like all LAVA guitars, the LAVA U is carefully crafted and custom-designed down to the screw.
The patented AirSonic Carbon Fiber makes it resistant to changes in temperature and humidity. The advanced bionic structure brightens up your tone.
L2 Mini Preamp System
LAVA U comes with LAVA’s L2 Mini Freeboost pickup which also lets you create a variety of sound effects, without having to plug it in.
Although the L2 Mini is half the size of the original L2 preamp, the built-in FreeBoost technology is able to produce a natural sound via the internal mic.
Where are LAVA guitars made?
LAVA Music is a China Based Company. It was founded in 2013 in Guangzhou city. LAVA Music manufactures guitars with new materials and acoustic construction.
Their goal is to make the creation of melodies easier. In 2017 they launched their LAVA ME guitars, which became an instant hit.
What are LAVA guitars made of?
LAVA guitars are famous for their astonishing construction. LAVA Music has developed Airsonic, which is a new type of carbon-fiber composite.
The Airsonic provides an outstanding wide-range frequency performance. The Airsonic structure also keeps your guitar safe in any weather.
It can withstand any heat and humidity change.
If you’re on the market to get a traveling sized acoustic guitar with great sound qualities, I suggest you check out the Lava Me guitar or take a look at the Yamaha f325d review. Reference: www.lavamusic.com/en