Last Updated on
How to Play Electric Guitar through Headphones? Seriously is it really possible? Here is your answer.
Suppose you are a student and live in a hostel. In the hostel, you must share your room with other members.
If there are four members in one place, two of them are exam candidates. Then the guitar practice becomes a bit difficult.
Or your neighbors are disturbed because of the guitar’s sound. Maybe you’re thinking of practicing guitar but children or senior members.
Of your house is sleeping at that time then what should you do?
Technology has made our life more comfortable. By using technology, one can play guitar through headphones.
Need a good quality headphone set.
Tired of hearing complaints about guitar playing? Don’t you feel good? Thinking what could be the solution?
But it will provide you excellent sound quality. or 1/8″, the cable used for a standard set of headphones.
An adapter is also needed. You will find them on Amazon will less than 10$.
According to many users, the “Audio-Technica ATH M50x” is best for use because of its transparency.
Use of a Guitar Headphone Amplifier:
By using a guitar headphone amplifier, one can connect their guitar to the headphone. This amplifier is price friendly and very easy to use.
At first, one has to plug the headphone amplifier directly into the guitar. Then those persons have plugged the headphone into the amp. That’s it. Isn’t it so easy?
One can use an amplifier without any wire and adapter. If you require only specific sounds, then you can go for a 3.5 mm pocket-sized option.
You will find various options, various types of models. According to your music types such as metal, clean, classic rock.
And blues, you can buy your required one. If you love to experiment with sound, then you can collect different types of headphone amplifier.
Many users recommend the “Vox Amplug” guitar headphone amplifier because of its quality. You can buy it for $ 25 from Amazon.
If we want to record music by using their headphones. Then the audio interface will be an easy way for you.
If you’re going to connect your electric guitar to your computer via USB at first. You have to plug your guitar into the audio interface.
Provided that, you are a new user, you have to download some essential drivers. Which are suitable for your computer interface.
- Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain; two instrument inputs. Two 1/4-inch balanced jack outputs to connect professional studio monitors; one headphones output with gain control; MIDI I/O
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit; super-low roundtrip latency for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP
- LIMITED TIME OFFER: FREE Venomode DeeQ, Maximal 2, and Pivot, plug-ins upon registration and download.
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite’s Red Plug-in Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, Choice of one free XLN Addictive Keys virtual instrument, all available via download upon purchase and registration
- Compatible with Windows 7 and higher, and Mac OS X 10.10 and higher. Frequency response - 20 Hz - 20 kHz ± 0.1dB. Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz. Focusrite now offers a 3-Year Warranty on this and all other Focusrite products.
It will also provide you enough ports and an extra microphone. Amazon is selling this multi-featured interface below $100.
Isn’t it affordable? Give your opinion into our comment section.
“Digital Audio Workstation” (DAW) stores the recorded sound. You can record your guitar sounds to your computer.
After completing the interface set up. If you want to hear yourself play. You can directly plug your headphones into the audio interface. You can also listen to your favorite tracks one after one.
You can also use amplifier or simulator software for playing guitar. You will find thousands of guitar VST plugins available on the internet.
Some of those are free. For some of them, you have to pay. “Digital Audio Workstation“ is directly accomplished with VST plugins.
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- 4 state-of-the-art, phantom-powered XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- 4 studio-grade compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound
- New studio-grade FX processor with 16 editable presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter, multi-effects, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
Through this accomplishment, users can play. And record on the computer through the headphone.
Paid VST plugins will be the best option. Because there is nothing free in this world.
Free VST will give you a short-time service. But you will get long term service from the paid ones.
“Bias FX” is the most recommended VST plugin. “Bias FX” recommends it most because of its genuine sound quality.
It is also very easy and simple to use. It also provides users with various types of amp and pedals. So that users can choose their favorite.
Use a smartphone or tablet for connecting the guitar
Are you looking for a simple way of playing your guitar through? Then your mobile can help you.
Maybe you think about how it’s possible? You can do it by using a digital guitar interface.
Which is specifically designed for mobile. It’s also applicable to tablets.
Like, VST plugin, you will have to use an application guitar amp simulator. The iRig HD 2 interface will be the best option for an iPhone or iPad user.
IRig 2 is so light and convenient. Jam Up Pro or Bias FX Mobile will provide an authentic grid to your guitar.
After connecting your guitar to an iOS device. You can install Jam Up Pro or Bias FX Mobile.
The iRig 2 UA is certified as best for Android users. You will get Amplitude free with the iRig 2. Amplitude is used for guitar tones.
Try to use a Digital Effects processor
Without connecting to a computer or mobile device, you can plug your headphones. The digital effect processor is also well known for foot pedal effects.
The digital effect processor has different types of ports. Like audio outputs, USB, and headphone outputs.
It’s very helpful for a live concert. This effect processor is a little bit expensive. You can also use the affordable one.
“Line 6 Pod HD 500X” is versatile and not very costly. If you can download MP3 files, you can plug in an external audio source via its audio port.
According to many users, the headphone output jack is the gorgeous part of this processor.
Follow Video Process How to Play Electric Guitar through Headphones
We always try to give our viewers some easy tips. So that, they can apply those without any difficulty. Now you know about How to Play Electric Guitar through Headphones.
We have mentioned some best brands. So that clients can choose the best one. At last, we want to say, “Happy guitar playing.”