What is a keytar? It is a combination of a piano keyboard that is set on a guitar base. It is very light so it offers more mobility to its users. This has piano keys that are set on a guitar base so you should hold it like how you would normally hold your guitar.
- 37 velocity-sensitive keys with after-touch for compact size with complete melodic range
- Eight RGB back-lit velocity-sensitive trigger pads enable you to create beats or trigger clips and Eight back-lit faders for controlling volumes or other virtual instrument parameters
- Embedded MIDI-assignable tilt sensor performance control with on/off button and Thumb-controlled volume slider and reversible pitch-bend wheel on neck
- Included USB receiver creates a wireless connection to any Mac or PC, or most keyboards with USB host port
- World-class production software package included: ProTools | First Alesis Edition and Ableton Live Lite, plus DB-33, Eleven Lite, Mini Grand, Hybrid 3, Loom 2, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech and TimewARP 2600 by Way Out Ware
But of course instead of finding guitar strings you will have to use the keys to create sound. There are many easy guitar songs that you can play using your keytar because playing the chords is quite easy in this instrument. See best keytars reviews from here.
But first, you should know which keys you should play in order to create a certain chord. This instrument is actually pretty popular during the 80s because of new wave rock bands. But it lost popularity during the 90s because of the emergence of alternative rock.
The keytar can also use guitar effects that can allow its players to manipulate the pitch of their instrument as well as use sustain features. Learning how to play the keytar, should start off with playing easy guitar songs first. And this is the case especially if you are not an experienced pianist. You should be familiar with how the keytar is held and its functions before you attempt to play.
If you really want to be an effective keytar player. Maybe you should try playing easy guitar songs first on a real keyboard and then trying it on the keytar afterward. This will help you learn which keys to strike in order to produce a certain sound or chord.
When playing the keytar, be sure that the band is adjusted comfortably on you like you would hold a guitar. You should also make sure that the sound and effect controls can be easily reached in this position.
As you play with easy guitar songs on your device. You might first feel uncomfortable as it might feel easier to play on the keyboards. As you master the use and feel of the keytar. However, you will be able to play more complicated songs and master the use of the keys for chords.
If you are comfortable enough in using the keytar. You should also play around with the volume control, and try using them whenever you play easy guitar songs. If you devote a lot of time to practice playing the instrument.
You can add a new and exciting element in a band that you will be performing with. For beginners, be sure to practice a lot of easy guitar songs as this will help you become an expert if you constantly practice.