If you’re looking for the best guitars to use with Rocksmith, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we recommend 8 different types of guitars that are perfect for students of all levels.
Whether you’re just starting or you’re a seasoned pro, there’s a guitar recommendation here for everyone!
So without further ado, let’s get started!
Our suggestions for the Top 8 best guitars for Rocksmith
- Ibanez – Ibanez RG450DX RG Series Electric Guitar.
- Yamaha – Yamaha Pacifica series PAC012DLX Electric Guitar.
- Epiphone- Epiphone Les Paul 100 Electric Guitar.
- Squier – Squier classic Vibe 50’s Stratocaster.
- Yamaha- Yamaha SLG200S Steel String Silent Guitar.
- Jackson – Jackson JS22 Dickey.
- ESP – ESP Ltd. Deluxe Electric Guitar.
- Fender – Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar NOS
The Top 8 Guitars In Review
Ibanez RG450DX RG Series Electric Guitar:
Ibanez is a well-known guitar maker in the industry. They’ve released several guitars, which most clients have found to be very well balanced, perfect, and wonderful. Ibanez is one of the leading guitar businesses.
The Ibanez RG450DX is a solid-body guitar with an aluminum body. This guitar has a Wizard III maple neck shape, which allows for a wide range of tones to be produced.
It has a single-coil and a humbucking pickup, which cover all tonal ranges. The body is made of mahogany, while the fingerboard is crafted from rosewood.
When you’re a novice, there’s a good chance you’ll be able to keep the power under control so that learning is easier.
You’ll feel great about yourself after grabbing an Ibanez.
- Grew Maple neck
- 24 Frets
- High output Infinity R pickups
- Body: Mahogany body
- Neck Type: Wizard III Maple neck.
- Fretboard: Bound jatoba fretboard w/Sharktooth inlay.
- Fret: Jumbo Frets.
- Bridge: Std. DL tremolo bridge.
- Pickups: Quantum.
- It has a beautiful, hand-crafted look to it. It also contains metallic flecks.
- It has jumbo frets for easier play.
- It’s ideal for beginners.
- A pair of humbucking and one single-coil pickup are used for a wide selection of sounds.
- Maintainance may seem a little bit tough
- The audio volume control isn’t that quick.
- The price range is in the middle or higher categories.
- It doesn’t come with a strap, but you may attach one if desired.
Yamaha Pacifica series PAC012DLX Electric Guitar:
The Yamaha Pacifica is a wonderful acoustic guitar. It has a beautiful tone and fantastic playability, making it one of the best instruments on the market. With great tuning and decent sound, it’s very versatile.
It provides a clean, smooth sound that everyone is searching for.
The Yamaha Pacifica is a chrome-finished tremolo guitar with a vintage design. With an inexpensive and portable build, this instrument is highly attractive.
The neck of the guitar has a beautiful fingerboard that offers five positions and is constructed of Agathis body with a Maple board..
The majority of the people who have used this guitar have praised it as one of the greatest for Rocksmith. It not only teaches you the fundamentals, but it also teaches you several chords that make learning more popular with consumers.
The Yamaha Pacifica is, without a doubt, a fantastic guitar to play with Rocksmith. When you’re considering whether or not to buy a quality instrument, it might be the finest choice.
- Agathis Body
- Maple Bolt-On Neck
- Sonokeling Fingerboard
- Vintage Tremelo
- 5 Position Switch
- Body: Agathis.
- Neck: Maple.
- Fingerboard: Sonokeling rosewood.
- Fret: 22 Frets.
- Bridge: Vintage Tremolo.
- Pickups: 2 Single Coils and 1 humbucking.
- It has a nice electric tuner that is very fine and helpful while tuning.
- It stays in tune all the time.
- It provides decent-sounding for all types of music.
- It comes with extra strings.
- The amplifier is small.
- It is heavier than other electric guitars of the same type.
Squier Classic Vibe 50’s Stratocaster:
Squier’s Classic Vibe 50’s Stratocaster is a wonderful instrument for learning to play guitar on Rocksmith. With a nice tone and a smooth tuning, it has all of the comforts you need.
You’ll travel in a different era of music with its vintage 50’s atmosphere.
It meets the majority of users’ hearts with its vintage appearance and modern specifications. It will offer surprising sustain in a budget-friendly instrument, which is something that it has in common with other high-end instruments.
A glossy and thinner body makes a beautiful appearance that is comfortable to play.
It has a maple fingerboard with 21 medium-jumbo frets. Also, the pickups and tone plots are fantastic, making you fall in love with this guitar.
It’s one of Rocksmith’s best guitars to play. As a result, I am confident that if you get this guitar, the quality will surpass the price.
- 100% designed by Fender
- Inspired by 1970s-era Jaguar models
- Fender-Designed alnico pickups
- Vintage-tinted gloss neck finish
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Body: Poplar, Pine.
- Neck: Vintage tinted gloss.
- Fingerboard: Maple.
- Fret: 21 Frets, narrow-tall.
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles.
- Pickups: Fender-designed AINco Single coil.
- It is a budget-friendly guitar.
- The tuner holds a tune well.
- It sounds like a high-quality guitar.
- It offers a great sustaining that many guitars fail to provide.
- The slimness of its neck makes playing more pleasurable.
- The term has a zinc block.
- May seem sensitive.
Epiphone Les Paul 100 Electric Guitar:
This is a beautifully created guitar that will make your playing experience more pleasurable. It’s a wonderful instrument that is both affordable and dependable to the musicians.
It has a classic appearance, sounds fantastic, and has the feel of a Les Paul.
It has a rosewood fingerboard and a mahogany body. The thin, lightweight, and comfortable body is made of wood. It has all of the features that serious guitarists want.
Two open-coil humbucker pickups will provide you with excellent classic LP sound.
It’s simple to operate, and the volume controls respond quickly. Indeed, the majority of consumers felt that it was one of their favorite instruments. So, whether you decide to purchase this or not, you’ll undoubtedly make an excellent decision.
- The Les Paul 100 is cut to the same specs as Les' 1952 original
- Mahogany Body with Maple Top
- Epiphone 650R & 700T Humbuckers
- Okoume Neck
- Body: Mahogany.
- Neck: Okoume.
- Fingerboard: Rosewood.
- Fret: 22 Frets, medium jumbo.
- Bridge: Tune-o-Matic Bridge with stop bar tailpiece.
- Pickups: 650R Humbuckers.
- It has a good tone-controlling feature.
- It’s made of a material that is quite durable.
- Easy and Comfortable to play with Rocksmith.
- It has a nice pick-up selector.
- It offers a nice, clean, and smooth sound.
- You’ll need to invest in a separate amplifier for this speaker.
- Its turner’s longevity is quite short.
- The turner might not be able to support D or C tunings for long.
Yamaha SLG200S Steel String Silent Guitar:
This is one of the greatest guitars on the market. It can be a wonderful alternative to other guitars if you’re searching for one to use with Rocksmith.
The Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar is a must-have for many guitarists’ arsenals. It’s thin, light, and pleasant to play. You can take it with you anywhere you go without worrying about space issues.
This is the finest electric guitar for beginners. It has all of the features that a serious guitarist would desire to have. The back and top of this Guitar are made out of Maple, while the neck is crafted from Mahogany.
The built-in tuner, as well as the delicate fingerboard action, make playing it a sheer pleasure.
When you’re a novice looking for a decent guitar to learn with Rocksmith, I’d recommend this model as your music buddy. It will not disappoint you in the least.
- Steel Strings, Natural Finish
- The SLG is the perfect instrument for practice, travel or stage use – any time an acoustic guitar just won’t do.
- Near-silent performance makes discrete practice simple. Fingerboard Width (0F, 14F) 43m - 55mm (1 11/16 - 2 5/32 inch)
- Yamaha’s exclusive SRT-Powered pickup system gives incredibly natural acoustic tone through headphones or line-out
- Studio-quality on-board effects enhance your playing to perfectio and line-in functionality makes jamming easy
- Body: Mahogany.
- Back & Sides Wood: Maple and Rosewood.
- Neck: Mahogany.
- Fingerboard: Rosewood.
- Fret: 22 Frets.
- Bridge Material: Rosewood.
- Electronics: SRT powered system.
- It’s ideal for practicing, traveling, or performing on stage.
- It has a natural acoustic sound due to its SRT power pickup.
- It’s lightweight, portable, and fun to use.
- It looks nice, sounds wonderful, and is the ideal accent for a guitar player.
- There are several tones to explore.
- Some consumers believe it is too tiny.
Jackson JS22 Dinky:
The JS22 is a fantastic choice for both new and expert guitarists. Its price range is a bit pricey, yet it provides excellent sound quality.
It’s the ideal guitar for you if you’re considering using Rocksmith to learn to play the guitar and then go on to develop your talent into a full-fledged profession.
The body of the electric guitar is made of graphite, as is the fingerboard. The Maple body and exquisite fingerboard of a Jackson JS22 are examples of this.
However, while playing it, the entire instrument’s feature provides a better and more distinct sound than any previous model.
If you’re searching for a guitar to use with Rocksmith while performing on stage or in the studio, the Jackson JS22 is the one to go with. It will make learning far more pleasurable and enjoyable, as well as increase your performance confidence.
- JS Series Solidbody Electric Guitar with Arched Basswood Body
- Bound Amaranth Fingerboard
- Tremolo - Satin Black
- 2 Humbucking Pickups
- Maple Neck
- Body: Poplar.
- Neck: Maple.
- Neck shape: speed.
- Fingerboard: Amaranth.
- Fret: 24 Jumbo Frets.
- Bridge: 2 point fulcrum tremolo.
- Pickup: Jackson High-output Humbucker.
- It’s a budget-friendly guitar that falls in the middle of the spectrum.
- It has a 24-fret neck with excellent sound balance thanks to the large frets.
- It is a very durable guitar.
- It’s simple to use and suitable for both novices and veterans.
- It may require minor setup tweaking before you start playing.
- The strings are not of the best quality.
What is Rocksmith?
For anyone not familiar with Rocksmith, let me give you a quick overview of Rocksmith and why it has become so popular.
Rocksmith is an online video game where guitarists of all levels can learn acoustic, electric, or bass guitar by playing along with their favorite songs.
With Rocksmith+’s proven learning method featuring real-time feedback and tools designed to give you control of the instrument; it’s never been easier!
The Rocksmith resources come equipped with an ever-expanding song library so that no matter what genre you’re looking for there will be something to meet your needs and musical tastes.
A new way To Play Music Together – Learn How To Play Any Song surprised me when I first tried out their services because not only did they provide affordable rates but most importantly helped teach me how to play any type of music simply by following Along On-Screen Graphics.
While using Rocksmith is frequently adjusts to your skill level. Here, your mistakes are being corrected and it catches so fast how many notes or chords you can handle and behaves like a known thing.
Rocksmith can assist you learn to play the guitar by teaching you how to sound it correctly and properly. The players in Rocksmith view a virtual fretboard with colored notes and numbered strings, similar to what they would see in an actual instrument.
The game demonstrates the ideal hand position for the player when required, with ups and downs displayed as needed. The gamers may learn to play guitar effortlessly without any understanding difficulties thanks to its wonderful virtual features.
When you want to learn the guitar but don’t have a personal instructor, Rocksmith is an excellent resource.
THE PROVEN ROCKSMITH METHOD
What if you could take your guitar skills from beginner to pro in just one method? That’s what Rocksmith+ does. With its unique interface and real-time feedback, this game-changer has helped thousands of people learn how to play their favorite instruments better than ever before!
Can you use an acoustic guitar with Rocksmith?
You can use an acoustic guitar with Rocksmith software. Instead of connecting the software to your guitar with a cable, you’ll need to connect a microphone to your system to pick up the sounds from your acoustic guitar.
We don’t care for this much because you may pick up on a lot of ambient noise or static that will ruin the quality of your experience.
However, another acoustic guitar option well worth considering is the LAVA ME 2 Acoustic Electric Guitars. These acoustic guitars feature a built-in Freeboost technology to amplify the sound without plugging into an amplifier.
How to set your guitar for playing with Rocksmith?
As a novice, setting up your guitar can be a struggle. All you need are a genuine tone cable and a USB connection that links to the electric guitar’s output jack.
Here is a sample PC configuration for you.
Click On the windows start button > Control panel > Hardware and sound > Manage audio devices> recording tab. Double-tap to the “Microphone – Rocksmith USB guitar adapter” option and then click bin the default format drop-down menu.
Is it possible for two people to play Rocksmith with a controller?
Yes, Rocksmith can accommodate two people playing on one system at the same time. You’ll need two controllers, two electric guitars, and two real tone cables to play together.
So you may play Rocksmith with a controller.
Do you need the real tone cable to play Rocksmith?
For playing guitar, Rocksmith requires a specific real tone cable. This real tone cable recognizes and reacts to your guitar playing.
All versions of Rocksmith come with the real tone cable in the box, except for Downloaded versions and “No Cable Included” editions.
So, yes, you’ll need a real tone cable to play guitar with Rocksmith
- 【GREAT COMPATIBILITY】Compatible with USB 2.0. Fit for almost all kinds of computers with USB port, such as Windows 98SE/ 2000/ XP/ VISTA/ Win7/ Win 8/ Win 10, Mac OSX(But not for PS2/ PS3/ PS4/ WII/ Xbox rocksmith).
- 【EASY TO USE】This USB Guitar Cable supports both 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz sample rate. Designed to transmit the electric guitar/ piano/ bass signal into your computer. Build-in a high-end D/A conversion chip, it can perfectly compatible with computer without additional drivers. Plug it and make your PC as your guitar sound recorder. Also perfect for stage and studio use.
- 【Plug & Play】Use our USB Guitar Cable, plug the 1/4" TS plug into the guitar you love, plug the usb interface into your computer, your computer will be converted to guitar amplifier and recording system without the need for any other hardware and driver, plug and play.
- 【LED INDICATOR】 Green indicator light flashes indicates the signal is being transmitted.
- 【Warm reminder】For USB design products, there may have a sound delay owing to different configuration of computers.
Are Rocksmith tabs accurate?
There is no denying that Rocksmith tabs are accurate. However, there are a few caveats to consider.
First and foremost, Rocksmith tabs only work with the digital game and cannot be used with actual guitars.
Secondly, the accuracy of the tabs relies on the player’s ability to follow them correctly – if you don’t play the notes in the right order, or with the right timing, they won’t sound accurate.
Finally, while Rocksmith tabs may be accurate when compared toreal guitar tablature, they don’t always capture all of the nuances and subtleties of a real performance.
In other words, they’re a great tool for learning how to play a song, but they’re not perfect.
Is Rocksmith worth it?
There are a lot of different opinions on whether or not Rocksmith is worth it. Some people find the lessons to be helpful, while others find that the game doesn’t actually teach you how to play the guitar.
In general, it seems as though the game is more beneficial for people who have some experience playing guitar and are looking for a way to improve their skills.
If you’re new to playing guitar, it might be better to start with some basic lessons instead of trying to learn from a video game.
Rocksmith; how to download custom songs?
There are a few different ways to download custom songs for Rocksmith. The easiest way is to find a song on YouTube and download it using a YouTube to mp3 converter.
Once you have the mp3 file, you can then use the Custom Song Toolkit to import it into Rocksmith.
Alternatively, you can also find custom songs online from sites like customsforge.com.
Once you’ve downloaded the custom song file, you can use the CustomsForge moralizer tool to convert it into format that Rocksmith can understand.
Finally, you’ll need to use the Rocksmith custom DLC package maker tool to create a DLC file that you can import into the game.
Final Thoughts & Our #1 Top Pick
While we definitely enjoyed testing all of these guitars and think they’d be great for Rocksmith, there can only be one winner.
Drum roll please…..the best guitar for Rocksmith is the Epiphone Les Paul Standard!
It had a great tone, was easy to play, and felt comfortable in our hands. If you want to give it a try, you can find it on Amazon.
Have you tried any of the other guitars on this list? Let us know which one was your favorite in the comments below.
Music is life itself.Louis Armstrong